With just 6 weeks to go, the District 9550 organising is in full swing. The plans for the weekend well advanced and numbers for delegates attending is starting to grow at a rapid rate. With the expectation of A380 Airbus type attendance, there is quite a bit to do.
Pictured is the conference organising committee hard at work, attending the PCYC venue to check over its facilities.
Delegates are reminded that there are a great selection of activities that have been organised by Rotarian Suzie Bernie for partners, while others might like to take advantage of free and in-expensive things to do include:
- Bowls: The local bowls club is 3 minutes walk from the conference venue
- Saturday morning markets: Airlie Beach Lions conduct the markets on the Airlie Beach foreshore
- Bridge: Join a few friendly locals for some hands of bridge. The Airlie Beach Social Bridge Club consists of female & male players of all skills from beginner to moderately expert. Depending on numbers play can be arranged at one of our members homes, or if sufficient numbers, the Airlie Beach Bowls Club. No bridge partner needed, as our club does not have “set” partners. Partners with an afternoon (or morning ?) to spare should contact Eric Bottle 4946 6224 or his partner Dale on 0416 273 598.
- Walk: The bicentennial walkway connects Airlie Beach to Cannonvale. In fact, it is possible to walk from the PCYC conference venue to town, past the new Port of Airlie marina, along the foreshore past Airlie Beach itself, through the landscaped area and across Airlie Creek to the Lagoon. Continue North through the grounds of the Coral Sea Resort and through to Able Point Marina. Stop for a relaxing beverage overlooking the marina and Coral Sea, or continue on past the marina to Shingley Beach and further on via timbered boardwalk to Cannonvale and Cannonvale Beach.
- Shop: The main street of Airlie Beach includes a range of shopping exercise, have an ice cream, or something from Brumbies and then poodle down to Beachworx to purchase the extra accessory to complete your outfit for the DG's dinner.
As delegates you should look forward to a wonderful weekend of Rotary fellowship in surrounds of paradise.
Conference Organising committee